- Lookalikes of Instagram, Tumblr, TaskRabbit, etc, w/ fundamentals of Rails (no Scaffolding).
- Build Portfolio of 8 Apps like Instagram; Tumblr; ESPN/Hacker News; Evernote (Document Storage); TaskRabbit/CraigsList; iMDB; Todolist; Project Manager, etc.
- Quickly build versatile Rails Web Apps so you don’t have to hire expensive developers ($2K+/per project).
- Earn Money from new skills by getting development gigs on freelancer sites.
- Learn how to make beautiful, interactive and versatile web apps using Rails – the most popular web framework.
- Reach a comfortable intermediate to low-advanced level after 30 days of steady work.
- Troubleshoot a variety of common errors
- Ability to add functionality w/ Users, Forms, Image Uploading/Rendering, Voting, Syntax, Styling etc.
- Solid understanding of the MVC (model, view, controller).
- Add jQuery Plug-ins (like Masonry jQuery and raty.js)
- Use HAML syntax to embed Ruby code as a cleaner alternative to .erb
- Test Driven Development (TDD) using Rspec
- Add bootstrap elements and Responsive design
- File storage and manipulation (like Evernote / Google Docs)
- Setup Secure User Logins
- Launch on Heroku (live server)
- Custom Image uploading for social media applications (Tumblr, Instagram, iMDB)
- 5-Star Rating Systems (iMDB-like social-centric apps)
- Sorting and Filtering by Categories
- Comfortable with Git & Github
- Beautiful design (using Sass, a little bootstrap, jQuery libraries)
No pre-knowledge required for this 8 apps in 30 days challenge. I’ll teach you everything you need to know.
Modern browser (Chrome, IE, FireFox, Safari) and internet connection
A Mac laptop or iMac (or Windows PC running OSX)
Text Editor (I prefer Sublime Text). Free is best when you’re just starting.
No other special software required
Build your Rails portfolio with 8 super cool web applications in Ruby on Rails. Use it to begin seeking jobs as proof of what you can do, or feel confident to launch projects. I know the frustration of learning how to code. Trust me. I’ve been there. But how did I go from “aspiring developer” to winning hackathons with 150 people and building web applications for a living? Simple. I learned by doing. By building different applications over and over again. “Spent over £2k on a Rails course and it wasn’t half as good as what this course is offering for free. Ta ” – Lyndon Joseph “This class was simply amazing. I learned a lot and I know how to code now! I’m excited to put in the work to master the new skills I’ve learned. Thank you.” – Montalis Anglade The 8 app in 30 days course is THE most comprehensive crash course you’ll find in Ruby on Rails, styling/design, and best-practices — or your money back. You can begin with zero skills and become a fee-earning Rails developer in just 30 days. Zero-to-launch 8 TIMES as you code and own:
- Instagram Web App replica w/ design
- Tumblr Web App replica w/ design
- Evernote or Google Doc – File Storage replica w/ design
- ESPN Fan Forum or Hacker News replica w/ design
- iMDB (or Broadway Web App) replica w/ design
- TaskRabbit (or Craigslist) replica w/ design
- Project Manager replica w/ design (jobs board) replica w/ design
- Todolist (productivity app) replica w/ design
- A friendly, informal community to support you every step of the way
- Personal contact with me, the course tutor (email@example.com)
- Lifetime access to course materials
- Hands-on learning to lock that knowledge in
- A deep understanding of how to code, design and build powerful websites
Who this course is for:
- Looking to build a portfolio with 8 beautiful web apps (have something to show for your work) and build your confidence with Rails.
- For someone seeking a career shift and is exploring Rails
- For solo entrepreneur/freelancer who wants to make a living/side-income from web development
- Intermediates: Those who have dabbled with Rails but are unable to take the next step and code their own ideas
- Beginners: Don’t worry if you don’t know what the command-line or a text editor are! I personally respond to any questions my students have, so there’s no worry about getting stuck or not knowing what to do.
- For someone FED UP with textbooks, incomplete resources and expensive tutorials.
- For a Non-Technical Founder(s) and someone who wants the skills to take an idea from scratch-to-launch